Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Something Good

Blogging two days in a row?!?!?!? I must be catching my school year stride. :) 

I am linking up with Jennifer at Rowdy in First Grade for this fun little party. 


At school: 

My kids HEART writing-- like big puffy heart writing! They are writing every day and the only moans and groans I here are "What? Times up?" and "C'mon give us 5 more minutes!". 

We read The Mysteries of Harris Burdick today (If you haven't read it, it's a must read).

The story is really a collection of drawing with open ended captions. The students used a picture and caption from the book as inspiration to write their own creative stories. My kiddos spent 15 *SILENT* minutes writing. With these kids 15 minutes of silence is a miracle! And they also listened quietly as students sat in the author's chair to read their stories aloud. *Proud Teacher*

At Home: 
I am ready for a productive weekend. I know that doesn't sound too exciting but I finally have time to breathe and ORGANIZE!!! I have a to-do list a mile long and I also have some motivation and energy.  I am planning a morning of grading and lesson planning at my fav Starbucks, tons of errands and then maybe a little shopping for myself afterward. I mean I deserve it after grading on a Saturday morning, right?

Link up with Jennifer and let us all in on the positive things going on in your life! Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!






5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Mysteries of Harris Burdick! If you already have your kids loving writing just think of the kinds of things they'll be writing by Christmas! How cool! So happy you linked up!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jennifer! Love this little linky--such a good idea!:)

      Delete
  2. Hey Julia, I found your blog on the linky party Tell Me Something Good and I am your newest follower! Would love for you to check out my blog Sent From My iPad. Love that your students are so into writing this year (definitely something to be proud of)! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also blogged two days in a row and I am feeling very accomplished!!! I was ready to change my blog name to The Weekend Blogger just this Saturday LOL!

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog & am your newest follower. I'd love for you to stop by sometime :) Hope you had fun on your Saturday & grading all those papers!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of blogland! I am so happy that you are here! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...